Kennel Stop Barking System

brindale

Hi, we have built an extremely large shed for our dogs and I would like to install an electronic stop barking system, which monitors the shed not individual dogs.

I know they are around as I have seen them but I dont know where they are available.

Can anyone assist please.

thanks

Crol

1358574507[/url]' post='6093588']

Hi, we have built an extremely large shed for our dogs and I would like to install an electronic stop barking system, which monitors the shed not individual dogs.

I know they are around as I have seen them but I dont know where they are available.

thanks

Crol

I once tried a sonic device that was supposed to inhibit barking in a boarding kennel. It had no effect.

1358574507[/url]' post='6093588']

thanks

Crol

I once tried a sonic device that was supposed to inhibit barking in a boarding kennel. It had no effect.

I have a friend with one and they found that the dogs became desensitised to the device and in some dogs it exacibated the problem and caused some anxiety.

thanks

Crol

I think you'd be better off spending the money on insulation, and if possible, an earth noise reduction barrier between the kennels and anywhere that might be annoyed by the noise. I'm pretty sure we've had a thread here recently about noise management in kennels. Don't like the electronic systems for the reasons set out by others above.

Our new shed is fully insulated by the silver rolls (sorry dont know what its called) plus insulation batts. I live rural on a 5 acre block but I want to try and keep my neighbours happy so Im going to try anything to shut up noisy siberian huskies.

The radio will be on all the time and during summer so will the airconditioning so the outside noise will not be heard much.

Thanks for your comments.

Carol