Susan Garrett's Recallers 4

Kavik

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I hear about Recallers, the more I'd actually like to give it a try

We've just signed up! Very excited - have been looking at doing Recallers for ages, but always so expensive. This time round it appears to be a little cheaper. Or maybe I'm willing to spend the $$$ to try and create a recall in my Siberian.

Come join us if you are able RubyStar!

The more I hear about Recallers, the more I'd actually like to give it a try

We've just signed up! Very excited - have been looking at doing Recallers for ages, but always so expensive. This time round it appears to be a little cheaper. Or maybe I'm willing to spend the $$ to try and create a recall in my Siberian.

Come join us if you are able RubyStar!

Oh I'd love to, but I am worried about having nowhere to do the exercises (you can't go hard on a small square of paving!) so if I feel restricted with where to train, I would probably get lazy and waste the $$ spent :(

I think it'd be good to do with both my girls, plus little Pippa. Can anyone rent me a backyard please? laugh.gif

Your video looks great, Kavik! I've got a few issues myself with Millie switching off for a good sniff or boglap every now and then. The more I hear about Recallers, the more I'd actually like to give it a try (but she doesn't tug, do you need a tugging dog to do Recallers?) Never mind, just read the responses on this page and got the answer!

But why couldn't the 8 weeks have been over the Xmas uni break!!!! Not a good time to be starting this for me :(

Another question - do you need a decent backyard to do the games? I have no backyard to train in. Just a bit of paving. Oh how I long for a decent backyard for training, or to live across the road from a park!

The basic membership has access for 4 months, so you can take your time to get through the content. More space is handy for some of the running type games, but you can do some in limited space or inside. You can do them at the park if you need more space than your yard.

Can anyone rent me a backyard please?

I can lend you one rent free - but I'm not sure you'll be keen on the commute!

I'm very lucky as I have two quiet ovals about 3 minutes drive away, which we use for training alot.

Not sure when content goes up on the site, my guess is Monday.

ETA: Actually we might get some pre-course homework before then, I think that's what happened last time

Edited by Kavik

I'm thinking of taking up the course as well.

Have DVDs been offered in the past as part of a package? Just wondering if this is something new (and later on might be sold separately on the website like Crate Games is), or whether they stay members only.

It'd be nice to have a separate DVD for later training (or for future dogs!), but I'm not sure I can stretch for the extra money needed at this point.

Thanks Kavik. Don't know why I couldn't see that! She doesn't waste time.

Fr - I believe the DVD has been offered before. I would be very surprised if it got sold separately in the near future.

I've enrolled in the most basic course. I would love to have the ebbon and DVD but I just cant justify the extra $. I'm saving my money for when she visits Australia....

The DVD of the games will not be sold, she has said she prefers the online format rather than instructional DVDs. I think all of her courses are likely to be online from now on.

With Contact Success we were able to post videos and get feedback, but I think last time with Recallers it was only questions, not sure what it will be this time with Recallers since Contact Success was the most recent course, we may be able to post videos, I'm sure we'll find out. It was great to see student videos and see what other people were doing. Questions on the site get answered by Susan and Lynda and also other students, sometimes it is helpful if a student has had a similar struggle and can give hints or encouragement.

I went to a seminar of Susan's in 2010 - my first experience of her training methods. It was great! But a huge amount to take in and it was hard to remember everything even with notes. I found that the online courses were easier for me in that you can read the instructions and watch the videos many times over so you don't miss things, and you can concentrate on watching for the mechanics, or listening to what she is saying, or watch what the dog is doing.

It will be great to see you all in the course!

The course has nothing to do with agility. It is about relationship building, drive building, recall, and self control, so is suitable regardless of your aim :) There are a couple of games which would be really useful for obedience in terms of heel position.

Kavik, you should be working on commission :D

I'm going to sign up as well! I think it will be great for all my dogs. I mean who doesn't love playing?!

Will be great to see videos of everyone's progress in here, even if videos aren't required for the course.

I'm looking forward to it! Just hope I can find the time and space to do it :o:crossfingers: