Quality Pet Food Supplier Hornsby, Hills Area

Loving my Oldies

My first delivery from Swaggerbout arrived this morning and the dogs have been chewing on the roo jerky ever since. They will be trying some of the beef tonight.

One good thing so far is that the roo jerky is in much smaller pieces than from my usual supplier and I don't have to break my hand and scissors trying to cut the pieces to suit little dogs.

Update: I will be putting in another order, Stans Mum, and trying the chicken this time. I will be adventurous and order for a few weeks.

Even Gussy is enjoying the Kangaroo Mince and if you have ventured into Cat Chat you will know how concerned I am about trying to keep her weight up. As K'roo Mince is low in calories, I will be trying her with the beef.

The dogs seems to be enjoying it. Just so easy to have it delivered to my doorstep and even with the delivery charge, it is not as expensive as the other place. Not that that is really a consideration: all I want is good quality that my dogs and Gussy enjoy.

Have you ever tried their Rice Complete High Protein as I'm tempted to give that a try as well. All the Moochers are senior and geriatric.

Do you mean the dry food DD? I did try them on it but Maddie wasn't fussed and to be honest neither was I. Stan would eat a rubber thong if you chopped it up and put it in his bowl so can't judge on him. I buy the roo mince for Stan because he is a little on the *cough* chubby side and I think it's brilliant. Best roo mince I've ever bought, so lean and not minced mush and bright red in colour. Maddie has the chicken and spinach which is made from minced frames. When I first went there Ben came out of the factory with the frames in his hand to show me and they were very meaty. The chicken mince has worked well for her as she is quite small for a grey and very active, she has maintained a healthy weight over the last two years. I have tried the beef as well and was very happy with the quality but stick to what they do best on now. If by chance you are not happy with anything don't hesitate to tell Ben, he will always keep his customers happy :)

Have read the product sheet more carefully, now, and see that it is a dry food; I was incorrectly reading it as a supplement. I wonder if he would give me a sample sized pack as I do like them to have a bit of dry. I will ask. (I tried Black Hawke, but found it gave the dogs very sloppy poos and even diarrhoea. :( . Poor Bunter had to go under the hose one day this week after a walk, at least his rear end did. He was not a happy sausage :cry:. )

Regarding the chicken: They don't appear to have just the plain minced chicken frames - it is either Chicken Complete or Chicken & Spinach Mince. This latter comes in 12 x 1kg carton which is much too much for me so I will put Chicken Complete in my order.

The kibble only comes in 10 or 20kg bags and the kibble itself is not small in size. From what I've heard about the Blackhawk it is tiny bikkies whereas this is more a kibble for large dogs. I've never tried the chicken complete but the chicken and spinach only has a little bit of spinach in it so it's almost plain anyway. Just ask Ben if you can get a couple of kilos to try. Does he have a minimum amount for delivery? I don't know because I pick up. Honestly just ask him he will do his best to help.

The kibble only comes in 10 or 20kg bags and the kibble itself is not small in size. From what I've heard about the Blackhawk it is tiny bikkies whereas this is more a kibble for large dogs. I've never tried the chicken complete but the chicken and spinach only has a little bit of spinach in it so it's almost plain anyway. Just ask Ben if you can get a couple of kilos to try. Does he have a minimum amount for delivery? I don't know because I pick up. Honestly just ask him he will do his best to help.

Yes, the Black Hawke kibble is tiny.

And, yes, I'm going to place an order first thing Monday (deliveries to my area are Tuesdays) and will ask him about smaller packs.

Just thawing out the first of the beef mince so I will be interested to see how they all like that. To be honest, it looks a better quality than I usually get.

ahhh bummer I didn't get a chsnce to read everything just skimmed quickly but will recommend paws for life they have been cheaper then most other places for other things so far like flea treatments

ahhh bummer I didn't get a chsnce to read everything just skimmed quickly but will recommend paws for life they have been cheaper then most other places for other things so far like flea treatments

Thanks for that website smisch, they do have great prices on medications :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

God know what was happening in Sydney today, but stupidly, I decided to drive down to Sydenham for dog meat supplies. Took me 2 hours :eek::eek: .

At one stage, seeing the traffic crawling on Parramatta Road, I nearly turned around to go home, but I'm glad I didn't. When I got there, the shelves were practically empty and my heart sank. Yep, closing down and today was their last day :cry::cry:

I am so sad for them: they were trying to provide a quality product, no additives, no fillers, etc etc all processed on the spot, but can't compete with processed products on the supermarkets shelves or the cheap imports from China with god knows what in them. These are my words, by the way, the owner of the business didn't say that.

The man was just so despondent, I was nearly in tears myself.

Because I was in the area, I dropped into the Castle Hill PetBarn the other day looking for VAN Complete and nearly fell off my feet when I saw it. I haven't been there for years and it is about 4 times the size it used to be. Just a little bit of fresh food in the freezers up the back - really sad to see.