Perth Wa Excellent Dog Kennel

tiamo6

I would strongly suggest a pet sitter or going south of the river for boarding. I have not heard good things about any of the kennels north and the one which did have a good reputation was recently sold.

I have used WA Canine Country Club on Neaves road a couple of times and have been very happy with their service. My dogs have always come back healthy and happy. They have had no problem feeding the food I've provided and giving Casper his meds. It is run by Vanessa and her daughter. Their number is 93061999, perhaps give them a call and find out when you can go an inspect the place.

Canine country club was sold last year I'm pretty sure,

So don't know how the new owners are?

Oh, that is good to know. What a shame. Thank you for the update.

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like I better stick with ASHRIDGE in canning vale unless anyone else has other options?? WE live in karrinyup - so was hoping for somewhere closer to home - but only if assured it is good quality and takes very good care of dogs. Any thoughts on ashridge?

Hi Tiamo6

Can't help with any kennels NOR unfortunately - I used to use one out at Wanneroo some years ago which had an excellent reputation, but then it changed hands and pretty much everything went downhill (except the cost!) so we ended up having to look for somewhere else.

I haven't used Ashridge, but can highly recommend The Paw House in Canning Vale. We've used them numerous times over the last few years, for periods from a few days up to as long as 6 weeks, and our girl always comes back fit as a flea and full of bounce - not bad for a (now) 12-year-old! Claire and Leigh, who own and run the kennels are great and they have separate kennel areas for small and large dogs. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the website, but just Google "The Paw House" and you'll find it. We live even further north than you, so I usually use their pick-up/drop-off service, which costs $30 each way. I know it's an extra cost, but it sure beats battling the traffic all the way down there and back!

Edited by spikey

Thanks!! What makes the paw house much better than other kennels?

I checked out several kennels when looking for somewhere to board our girl - she's inside with us when we're home but is outside the rest of the time, and I knew she'd be miserable in an enclosed kennel block - I know they're airconditioned, but they remind me of nothing so much as concrete and wire "cells" with nothing to look at except the dog opposite for most of the day! I wanted her to be somewhere outside in the fresh air where she could see the sun, sky, grass and trees, still with a snug and dry sleeping area but able to watch the day-to-day goings on, other dogs etc, and with big grassy and safe exercise areas and caring and knowledgeable staff. Also, being an older dog (she was 8 at the time), I was worried about how she'd cope with it - my partner had never boarded her in the 5 years he'd had her, and prior to that she came from Shenton Park Dogs Home, so I was worried she'd think she was being abandoned again.

I was very unimpressed with the lack of response from a couple of kennels that I had been told had good reputations - phone messages and emails were not responded to, even after follow-up messages were left as well (and I don't mean I expected an immediate response the next day, I know how busy kennels are, but this was over a two week period), so I gave up and looked elsewhere.

The Paw House were quite happy for me to come down and have a look at the kennels - Leigh showed me around and I just had a good feeling about the place. I liked the set-up and the roomy kennel and run areas, and both Claire and Leigh seem to have a genuine affection for the dogs in their care. They were also very understanding of my concerns about boarding her for the first time. Of course, the ultimate test is the dog's first stay there - she began to stress quite badly on the day I dropped her off (again, I think she thought she was back at the Dogs Home), but within a day or two, she had settled in really well and was queening it around the kennels LOL. When I picked her up, she was waggy-tailed, happy and healthy, and that cemented the deal for us and we now wouldn't board her anywhere else. Their prices are very reasonable as well - not having used a boarding kennel for about 8 years, I was quite stunned at the "add-ons" that a lot of the kennels seem to charge for these days!!

Our girl ADORES Claire and Leigh (and the feeling is mutual apparently!) - last time I dropped her off down there, she trotted off with Leigh without so much as a backwards glance - thanks very much, I thought :laugh: . Now that I use their pick-up/drop-off service, she seems to think any van that pulls into our driveway is one of them coming to take her to "holiday camp" as we call it, which has led to her giving very enthusiastic welcomes to some bemused couriers and delivery men!