Mosquito Repellant

arjay

Since my rotty lives outside, under the patio, we get alot of mozzies every yr. I already use Advantix and Inteceptor. Was wondering if anyone can recommend any fly repellants that I could use weekly, just to make sure he get that extra protection.

Was looking to get Buzz off cream or Muzcaban spray.

Don't know about spray on mozzie repellant suitable for dogs however we get our kennels, verandahs and outside areas including trees sprayed for mozzies every mozzie season. It really works well and lasts for ages.

If you have a powerpoint handy to the area the dog sleeps you can use the plug in mozzie repellers or there are the portable ones. Mozzie coils can also be lit...they are a cheap alternative but IMO nothing beats getting your outdoor surfaces ie ceilings, walls, etc. professionally sprayed.

I hate mozzies. Not only for my dogs' sake but also mine.........lol

Try and keep down the still water sources in your area, i.e. not pots or containers sitting around with water that allows mosquitoes to breed. Easier said than done depending on where you live and your neighbours.

The last few years have not been that bad in Sydney in terms of flies and mozzies, but I have used Coopes before http://www.bayercropscience.com.au/es/products/productdetails.asp?id=35#prodDetails

Wait until a nice sunny day with no wind. Bring in the dogs and spray around the area. With the sun, it dries quickly and help repel insects.

I've also heard of an old wives tale that vitamin b is good to ward off mozzies. My does get brewers yeast in their diet so hopefully that will help mine.............lol

Repelx keeps them off. It's great for flies too. A quick spray in the evening and the dog won't have a problem. It's so good that we spray it onto our clothes to keep the mozzies and flies off when we are out in the yard

is it safe to spray on dogs?

Repelx keeps them off. It's great for flies too. A quick spray in the evening and the dog won't have a problem. It's so good that we spray it onto our clothes to keep the mozzies and flies off when we are out in the yard

is it safe to spray on dogs?

Yes, it's fine for dogs.