Puppy Worries

StaffSam

Hi. Just wanted to vent and share my worry at the moment.... Been so long since had pup and I have a little girl in the wars. Just waiting for vet to open as she jumped off chair before we could grab her and she landed funny and is now limping. At first she wouldn't even put front leg down.. But is now limping...icon_smile_mad.gif. She is in bed but crying cause wants to come out but want her to rest. She has just gotten over a nasty bout of roundworm and meds! Had shown no sign of them wormed as normal! My poor baby. Stressing her leg broken now?! I feel like the worst mum that this happened

:(

Sorry she is hurt .. and hope its not a break , poor little girl.

As you have now been reminded - baby pups and jumping from height is not a good combination. :(

Accidents happen- and all we can do is be mindful of their fragility and do our best .

Keep us posted :)

Thanks Persephone .... I do know about their fragility and do feel horrendous that don't grab her in time... She is such a bouncy and strong Staff already eek1.gif! Vet opening shortly... She is starting to walk stronger on it now and not as limply but still taking her! Will let you know outcome....smile.gif

thumbsup1.gif Good news so far... Vet thinks just possible sprain also felt that since worming has put on a lot of weight in the last week and will still be getting used to the extra beef... Said to watch her next few days.. Of course she is already running around like maniac! Huge relief... Hope it continues. Thankssmile.gif

Don't be too hard on yourself. *hugs* In theory (and hindsight) its always easy to know what we should and shouldn't do.. be it with our kids and or our pets. Accidents do happen to the best of us .

Of course especially with puppies we do need to take extra care with them. Mine goes around jumping of and off things too (not big things) and im always paranoid, and trying fix/change things up so she can't..

Main thing is that your puppy will be ok.. and im sure she will be !

Years ago when one of our Cavs was quite young he was running around doing zoomies and I thought he had done his patellas or cruitiate as he went really lame and had one of his legs up in the air . Expected the worse case senerio and was worried sick. Turned out he had just strained one of his muscles and just needed strict rest for a couple weeks with some meds. He came good, never had the problem ever again. *touch wood*

The worry of this will be bad enough for you, so just be extra wary in future, well as much as you can be.

Sending positive thoughts its nothing too serious x

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Thanks Persephone and Jules.... Thanks for your comments and very true was a worrying time... Glad yours was okay after the zoomie accident... I get that the zoom can be quite frantic at times.... I tend to be a worrier over a lot... Obviously you want them to be healthy and happy! I've calmed down now and she is wandering around happily with no limp as if to say what injury... When my old boy was alive and he was a pup he was a huge dog but seemed to keep himself mostly out of trouble... My Bessie keeps me on my toeseek1.gif. Thanks for your kind thoughts appreciate it!