Dog Food Reviews & Contents

Our Jack Russell x lived until he was 17 on supermarket brands and table scraps. Perfect set of teeth, never had any dental work done in his life. In the end his heart gave way.

I currently feed VAN with roo meat and RMB. But would have no problems feeding dry if my circumstances changed.

Sometimes I think we can over think things.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog-food-index-r.html

Few shocks in here. Only read the info re Hills & Royal Canin. What do we pay all that money for ? Is it safe ? Gone right off using any dry food now.

Whats the alternative apart from bones ? Chew/teeth wise.

There are some that get good reviews though that are available in Australia. I used Artemis which I was happy with and gets good reviews. They don't use irradiation either when importing which was another plus for me. It definitely pays to do your research and see what you are actually feeding your dog. I guess in an ideal world a balanced raw diet would be the best but for me this works.

ETA I know what you mean though korbin13 - I grew up in PNG and our dog got table scraps, fish and rice (no vaccinations or heart worm) and lived a long and healthy life (survived rat bait poisoning as well).

Edited by Chocolatelover