What To Do?

gillbear

My 50D has developed a shutter problems and is headed off for repairs. But in the meantime I am twiddling my fingers and my thoughts and keyboard is taking me to browse online camera stores. DANGER!!!!!

My resolve is weakening with every day. What would you do? New Canon models are expected later this year but I cant wait that long.

Would you buy a secondhand camera ?60d or 7D. Go for a cheap online new deal for either of those models or wait for the repair. my camera is used almost exclusively for rescue photos so I really dont want to wait and have been thinking about the 7d for better photos in low light.

Go with what will make YOU happy stranger. :D

Hello you :wave::heart:

Problem is that what will make me happy isnt what will make my bank account happy. :grimace:

I am still a part-time working uni-student at the moment. Thankfully I am up to my nose in assignments at the moment, so I wont have time to actually take photos for another 2 weeks anyway.

Will there be Tim Tams? :laugh:

Well I have folded. :) I will be the proud owner of a 7D next week. :thumbsup:

Does anyone have any thoughts on extended warranties? Are the international Mack warranties worthwhile?

For 7D users any tips on learning the ins and outs of the 7D?

Once you know exactly all the gizmo's you're buying with it and cost and guarrentees, Dept of Fair Trading might give you an idea on the extended warranty verses and your actual warranty.

I was told even though a warranty may say 12 months, you could be entittled to an automatic extended warranty because of the cost and that the ability should hold up.

That is why businesses like Harvey Norman offer these warranty extension because you're actually entittled to it, but they make money because people don't know their rights.

I can organise tim tams.......... :laugh: