Fabulous Vets And Puppy Pre Schools In The Western Suburbs Of Melbourn

Steph M

Looking for suggestions of wonderful vets in or around the area (and a heads up on the crummy ones!)

Have seen a few old threads and love The Hobsons Bay Vet clinic, where mum's old setter goes, but looking to keep our options open.

No idea in terms of puppy pre-schools, would like some help there too!

Thanks guys!

South Melbourne is fine and dandy!

I have a bit of a dim sim habit, anything to indulge! :o

I don't really know what I'm looking for, as far as I know some rudimentary obedience and puppy manners, I don't know what I'm after in terms of class sizes etc or does that even matter? So many questions.

Might stick to Hobsons Bay, never really heard a bad word, but still happy to keep my options open :)

Another great vet puppy school is Yarraville Village Animal Hospital. The preschool is run by actual dog trainers, not a vet nurse, and they really concentrate on getting the relationship between pup and owner working really well.

Rhonda the vet there is really lovely too. It's a small practice, and she is usually the only vet working (unless she's taking a well earned break!)

Another great vet puppy school is Yarraville Village Animal Hospital. The preschool is run by actual dog trainers, not a vet nurse, and they really concentrate on getting the relationship between pup and owner working really well.

Rhonda the vet there is really lovely too. It's a small practice, and she is usually the only vet working (unless she's taking a well earned break!)

Yes, we went to these guys with our old Chi x's who have passed now. It's a lovely little vet practice.

She desexed my cat when we lived in Yarraville, she's seen a heap of our critters come to think of it, I didn't even know there was a puppy school there?

I was under the impression they changed hands too!

I even pointed the big dog above the door out to my boyfriend and explained that was where Hector lost his manhood, why he didn't like that I'll never know :laugh:

Might be him yet, perhaps we can get a bulk discount....

Yes, we went to these guys with our old Chi x's who have passed now. It's a lovely little vet practice.

Do you mind if I ask why you changed over? If I'm not being nosy, was it proximity or facilities etc?

Did you know the Melbourne Uni Vet school is at Werribee? You can take your dog there. Have only been for behavioural stuff so not sure about normal vet.

Lost dogs home in North Melbourne is not too far from the rest.

For training I would recommend Point Cook Dog Training, Chiara there is great, and she operates out of Mutts, which is a great daycare/sleepover place in Point Cook.