Pet Friendly Accommodation Along The Hume

Tazar

Hi,

I know there is a pinned topic about Pet Friendly Accommmodation but some of it is out of date and I am not sure how close anything is to the Hume so there is lots of googling involved.

Soooo....... I though maybe some fellow DOLers might know. I am heading to the Blue Mountains in July and have accommodations there but it is a long drive and I think it would be better to break it up both on the way there and home.

I will be travelling with my two dogs who are both crate trained.

Thanks in advance :)

Tazar, there's a simple and clean motel in Holbrook with 2 dog friendly rooms - bookings essential. I stayed there coming back from Sydney last year. I think it's The Jolly Swagman??? But not 100% sure. I will check tomorrow if you like - please PM me if I forget and you're interested. Really nice owners plus great local bakeries for breakfast :)

Check the Agility Nationals 2014 thread in Training forum also - Tassie had some nice suggestions.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Another vote here for the jolly swagman in holbrook.it was great. Weve also stayed in a motel in central albury but cant remmber the name. We just look on stayz or the holidaying with dogs website and call first to make sure. Never had a problem. We even stayed with Vulcan in a hotel in Kirribili over Christmass :)

Albury Central Tourist Park is a caravan park in Albury that allows pets. The phone no is 60 218 420 if you need it. It is right next to the kennel club and showgrounds.

99% certain that Woomargama Hotel will also allow animals - they definitely allow them in trailers but I'm sure I've seen some being kept in rooms also. Woomargama is 10 minutes south of Holbrook and has recently been bypassed. The pub also has great meals and lovely friendly people :thumbsup:

If you stay at the Jolly Swagman I have 2 warnings for you:

1. Be careful of the speed limit through the town

2. VERY IMPORTANT ******** Be very careful entering the Bakery thumbsup1.gif

Be VERY VERY VERY careful of your speed anywhere between Albury & Gundagai as the police around Holbrook are brutal. Stick with speed limits in roadwork zones too as they WILL nail you - I see it all the time (I live just south of Holbrook).

The bakery is FABULOUS. :thumbsup:

The Altona Motor Inn in the center of Albury is Pet Friendly I have stayed there a few times with my Akita's without any issues.

It all depends where about along the trip you plan to take a break I guess.

Can you have the dog/s in the room with you?

I can vouch for the jolly swagman. Be aware that they may place a limit on number of dogs in the room so check everything with them when you book. They are great though.

As for the bakery, my OH was in Albury for the weekend and of course the most ESSENTIAL thing for him was to stop and get a vanilla slice for me on the way through Holbrook. He knew he wouldn't get back through the door if he forgot!

Edited by espinay2