Obedience Training Recommendations ?

Niki8

Sorry for reposting...I put it in a wrong forum originally...

I just would like to ask if anyone has any experience with the obedience training in the Northern Suburbs Dog Training Club in Turramurra. I have done a puppy preschool and a dog manners classes with Julie and Trudi from Doglogic with my lab who is currently 6.5 months and would like to continue with some further obedience training. I also checked on the net Hills District Kennel Club in Castle Hill and Sydney All Breeds Dog Training Club in Concord. Can someone please share their experiences? I live in Eastwood, there are probably some other obedience training clubs I have not checked yet…I would be grateful for any piece of advice :-) Thank you :-)))

I know a fair few people who goes to Hills (and are trainer there). They are really good club. I don't have Monday night free to attend OB at Hills. Sydeny All Breeds have their classes early mornings on weekends.

I use to take my boy, Charlie, to Sydney All Breeds and we both enjoyed going to that club :)

Just go to the clubs and see how they are. Get the feel for it and see which one suits you better.

Brush Farm DTC train at Brush Farm Park Sunday afternoon - or they used to years ago! Have also heard very good reports of Blacktown K&TC, think they train Tuesday nights...... This info should be on the DogsNSW website.

Agree that observing training sessions is a very good idea.

Northern suburbs at St Ives have fairly large classes and a lot of dogs in one area.

There is a class at Rofe Park, Hornsby Heights on Sunday afternoon, I think.

I found the Teen classes with Get Smart( I think) very good. They only have about 6 dogs in the class and use clickers. They are at St Ives show ground as well. Will try and find their contact details

I used to go to Northern Suburbs - training is at St Ives - I think the Secretary is located at Turramurra. I enjoyed it for quite a while - all depends on the trainer that you get. Some were good, some didn't like spaniels (I have two), junior handlers (my daugher was handling one of my dogs) and made it known, others were lovely. I dropped out when there wasn't an easy way around the more difficult trainers.

I used to go to Northern Suburbs - training is at St Ives - I think the Secretary is located at Turramurra. I enjoyed it for quite a while - all depends on the trainer that you get. Some were good, some didn't like spaniels (I have two), junior handlers (my daugher was handling one of my dogs) and made it known, others were lovely. I dropped out when there wasn't an easy way around the more difficult trainers.

I have a dog that is quite obviously a Cavalier but the "trainer" at St Ives kept calling her a Cocker Spaniel. Then he called us into the middle of the circle and trod on her foot without a sorry or pat for the dog.

They cannot keep an eye on every dog as the classes are too big and there were lots of fights.

You might be lucky and get a trainer who is on the ball but hard to guarantee.