Monitoring Systems For Dog Trailers

Huntia

Hi

I have recently put a deposit down for a trailer :) . I am wanting to put a camera and temperature monitoring system in it that will feed back to my i-phone. What are other people using? What brands etc, and recommendations?

Thank you :)

Hi.. I Have a Davcar trailer.. Brought it last year.. We put camera setup in it to keep an eye on things.. Not much happends lol also of sleeping.. Cant think if the brand sorry was around $600

Thanks Team Snag :) I didn't think much would happen besides sleeping, it is more for peace of mind. I am really wanting to somehow remotely monitor the temperature in the trailer both whilst travelling and when parked. And if I could get the temp to report to my phone somehow that would be a bonus!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Team Snag :) I didn't think much would happen besides sleeping, it is more for peace of mind. I am really wanting to somehow remotely monitor the temperature in the trailer both whilst travelling and when parked. And if I could get the temp to report to my phone somehow that would be a bonus!! :thumbsup:

Not an iPhone app but I do have an indoor/outdoor temp station for the rear of my car - I keep the indoor thermometer and reader in a front compartment so it's easy to check. It has enough of a range that I can leave the dogs in the car, take the reader with me and keep an eye on the temp from a cafe, for example. I bought it pretty cheaply in the US.

We put a reversing camera in our float. It does the job (cost around $130). We also bought a weather station for just over $100 and put the receiver inside the float and the reader in the car. It took a while to find the right spot (front of float) for it to work properly but now it works well. We get a temperature report from inside the float. They don't feed to an I-phone but at least we can monitor while travelling.

Edited to add: The reversing camera works with a plug into the cigarette lighter. The weather station works with AA batteries - one in each unit.

Edited by Shepherd Lover

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is what I will do too Shepherd Lover. I just really liked the idea of having it all feed back to my phone. There's an idea for all those tech savvy people out there :thumbsup: