Dogs First Duties

Nevafollo

Hi guys after some advice,

I have a dog here and it his first time, the bitch is also a maiden but shes doing everything right and he is interested but is getting distracted easy. Im pretty sure shes ready to go, shes on day ten and is flagging and very very flirty! He flirts back but wont mount her at all. I really dont want to do an (ai) if it can be avoided.

Thanks in advance for any help, this is only my second litter/mating so any help is appreciated.

Edited by Nevafollo

Day 10 could be quite early, most of mine are in the 12-14 days as a norm if there is a norm. I have had the bitchs standing for nearly a week before I get a mating at times. If in doubt you could always prog tests

This happened for me, maiden bitch and dog. She was standing but he trying half-heartedly was just fluffing around. A few days later when prog showed she was spot on his attitude changed and they tied very quickly. It might not be time yet...

Same for my boy. I thought he was a dud as he just wasn't really interested despite being chased around and humped by the bitch, then when she was spot on BAM tied within a few minutes of being put together. Did the same thing with the next girl too, just doesn't bother until they are right on.

This happened for me, maiden bitch and dog. She was standing but he trying half-heartedly was just fluffing around. A few days later when prog showed she was spot on his attitude changed and they tied very quickly. It might not be time yet...

Same for my boy. I thought he was a dud as he just wasn't really interested despite being chased around and humped by the bitch, then when she was spot on BAM tied within a few minutes of being put together. Did the same thing with the next girl too, just doesn't bother until they are right on.

My boy at home is a bit of a dope...by no means will he ever be used at stud, but his sister is right in and ready to go and he certainly would like to oblige :laugh:

Well thats exactly what happened, had her prog testd and she wasnt ready but was starting to go up.... Two days later we were in buisness. Now I just cross my fingers :-)