Puppy Bars

Lagotto58

Looking forward to seeing photos :thumbsup: My intention is to take out the existing 'false floor' with drawers and create a higher one with the full width across available. High enough to fit two crates. The current drawer is handy for leads etc. but being half the width I can't fit anything like a crate.

I can fit two crates under mine. It's 200mm high. What you need to be careful of is the width of the feet holding the floor up underneath - i.e. will the crates fit lengthways?

Also you need to be able to remove it with a simple screwdriver set on the side of the road to get the spare tyre out. I'm not sure where the tyre is on the new ones??? But if your feet are on the main compartment you need to be able to flip the frame up easily to get to the tyre and if the feet are wider apart they sit on your tyre tool set in the small RHS compartment.

It's not a five second job to get mine off but it's OK. I've also not had a tyre go whilst in motion. *touch wood* .

I can measure my doors and post it here later tonight.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

• 3 months later...

I have had the puppy bars fitted with two doors in the Xtrail 2013 STL Model, really great setup, very happy. Will post a couple of photos when I work out how. Doors/opening is 400 mm wide x 800 mm high, plenty of room for each dog.

Edited by schipwreck

I am looking to upgrade my vehicle to a new Xtrail and I was hoping to get some ideas of combinations that are available for this vehicle. I understand Puppybars have been installed in a lot of Xtrail vehicles so I was wanting some ideas, two/one door, underfloor storage/platforms etc, what are the sizes of the areas for two dogs etc, I have medium sized dogs but prefer to have them in the vehicle in separate areas.

post-27000-0-80613600-1378008760_thumb.jpg

I am looking to upgrade my vehicle to a new Xtrail and I was hoping to get some ideas of combinations that are available for this vehicle. I understand Puppybars have been installed in a lot of Xtrail vehicles so I was wanting some ideas, two/one door, underfloor storage/platforms etc, what are the sizes of the areas for two dogs etc, I have medium sized dogs but prefer to have them in the vehicle in separate areas.

They look great Shipwreck, exactly what I am after. Do you mind sharing what they cost?