Thin Newfoundland

Im out near Laidley, I cant get photos to load. Have take some but honestly you cant see how skinny she is with all her coat. Ams I will give you a ring and have a chat. If your close to me, we may be able to catch up and you can give me your opinion.

Hi give me a call , I am a newf breeder just near you , Marburg vet is great. Sue 0411141443

Im out near Laidley, I cant get photos to load. Have take some but honestly you cant see how skinny she is with all her coat. Ams I will give you a ring and have a chat. If your close to me, we may be able to catch up and you can give me your opinion.

Hi give me a call , I am a newf breeder just near you , Marburg vet is great. Sue 0411141443

Hi Sue I mentioned you in my post but didn't want to give out your number, good that you live close by

been out to see Sue, Yogi is cow hocked and looks like she has a elbow problem and high chance she has some form of hip dysplasia

So we will start swimming to help build muscle, decent food, ester C, glucosamine and see how she goes. She will never walk correctly but as long as she's happy and pain free, then its all good

Thanks everyone appreciate the advice and contacts. Sue lovely to meet you and your crew

been out to see Sue, Yogi is cow hocked and looks like she has a elbow problem and high chance she has some form of hip dysplasia

So we will start swimming to help build muscle, decent food, ester C, glucosamine and see how she goes. She will never walk correctly but as long as she's happy and pain free, then its all good

Thanks everyone appreciate the advice and contacts. Sue lovely to meet you and your crew

I'm glad you've linked with someone who is knowledgeable on the breed. It makes such a difference to know the advice you are being given comes from long standing experience. I'm not sure if there is one up your way but maybe consider an underwater treadmill for her water walking as well as just swimming. It targets different muscles and with the clear sides of the tank you are able to see if she is "cheating" by using the wrong muscles.

Edited by Ams

Storm good on you for taking this girl on and doing all you can for her. I'm glad you've found a knowledgeable Newf person to help you along your journey.

I predict this may be the beginning of a long term love affair with the breed. They are wonderful dogs. :)

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Yogis not hard to fall in love with, She is so sweet and eager to please. Typical teenager in some ways throe...

She has no idea how big she is and loves to try and sit on my lap..

Will see about getting some photos to load