Xplora Scooter From Pawtrek

KatiMbari

Hi all

I’m really interested in getting a Xplora Scooter from Pawtrek in USA

Problem is, the scooter is over-sized for normal UPS- International postage & the quote to Alice Springs is $706.00 USD (postage only)

However, it is possible to get competitive prices for multiple items shipped together on a pallet. Importing 5 or 10 scooters which would bring shipping down to between $200-$250 USD per scooter in a larger order.

So I’m wondering if anyone else may be interested in getting 1 of these scooters & would like to get together for a bulk order?

This quote was for delivery to Alice Springs but I’m thinking there may be an even better price if the bulk lot is delivered to a eastern state, so I’m open to alternatives if anyone’s interested.

Check out these scooters at: http://www.pawtrek.com/inc/sdetail/31/36

I think this would be a fun way of exercising my puppes :)

post-13717-0-56050200-1374299435_thumb.jpg

I just bought a Kostka Mushing Pro , from all the research I did including Pawtrekker, Kickbike, Gravity and a few others I think the Kostka Mushing Pro is the best out there. There is a really good chap (Michal) in Sydney that imports them. Mine arrived last week and it is bloody awesome. There are less expensive options if you don't need the front shocks and hydraulic brakes.

http://www.kickscootersydney.com.au/content/mushing-pro

post-49154-0-24758000-1374308829_thumb.jpg

post-49154-0-00723900-1374309214_thumb.jpg

Might be worth having a look at 'db scooters' in melbournes eastern suburbs. Dave can custom make one for you and in theory shipping should be cheaper.

Any reason a bike couldn't be used? At least initially.

A guy who works in the bike shop next to me, and a welder mate of his have made their own, originally from (good) spare bike parts. I've had a go on it, with his husky girl and found it exhilarating! Little bit scary coz it was so fast but WOW. Looks like that first photo.

He's looked all over the net, talked to people who do the sport, got the right harnesses and created something amazing.

Whichever one you decide to get check out the ground clearance. Pawtrekker is around 6.5 inches, which means you need to bend your planted scooter leg by around the same distance in order to kick off. So think about doing a 6 inch, one legged squat for every push kick you do. My Kostka has a clearance of around 100mm which is plenty for off road and is far less fatiguing over distance. A higher step down is also less safe when you need to get off quickly.

As others have said - have a good think about how high the footplate is off the ground.

Depending on how willing your dog is to pull you may have to do a hell of alot of scooting to help out. Having to lower your leg a far distance for each scoot is not going to be fun. And the higher you are off the ground the more trouble you may run into if something goes wrong as well.

I have two Pettifer 26 inch scooters, plus my trusty old red which is a 20 inch scooter made from an old bmx frame. Old red rocks, with its chopping board footplate rocks :laugh:

But it should also be mentioned that one legged squats are awesome for building glutes, which not only gives you a nice butt but is also an important muscle group for preventing back issues, gives you good posture and the glutes are what keeps humans walking upright.

I would go for the higher one and take it as a fitness challenge, just remember to use both legs equally.

As others have said - have a good think about how high the footplate is off the ground. Depending on how willing your dog is to pull you may have to do a hell of alot of scooting to help out. Having to lower your leg a far distance for each scoot is not going to be fun. And the higher you are off the ground the more trouble you may run into if something goes wrong as well.I have two Pettifer 26 inch scooters, plus my trusty old red which is a 20 inch scooter made from an old bmx frame. Old red rocks, with its chopping board footplate rocks :laugh:

I love the pics of your Huskies in your avatar and sig, just checked out your website too, so many stunning huskies!!! I currently am on a waiting list in WA with Anna Mikosza - do you know her?

But it should also be mentioned that one legged squats are awesome for building glutes, which not only gives you a nice butt but is also an important muscle group for preventing back issues, gives you good posture and the glutes are what keeps humans walking upright.I would go for the higher one and take it as a fitness challenge, just remember to use both legs equally.

This is indeed true, but some riders may not be spring-chickens, the extra long dip can also put strain on the knees for some people. A 6.5 inch pawtrekker dip will be much harder going for a shorter person than for a very tall person. Mine has a low 100mm clearance and believe me my glutes are aching after a long (dogless) scoot yesterday. :)