Jogging Perth

Birkat

Hi,

started running with my Aussie girl and getting slowly into shape....slowly :laugh: However, I would like to try the Parkrun event (each Saturday morning 8am in different locations.)

My question is simply: Is someone going there with dog? If so, is it busy? Any dogs there? I'm not sure how my dog will react in a mass run......I might first have a look alone and bring my girl at a later stage.

Cheers

Birgit

I would only run if you and your dog are comfortable in the situation. Maybe go down with the dog one week as a spectator, see how it goes and run the next week?

I run with a running group and some of them take the park run quite seriously. I heard the comment the other day that the Canning River Park run is one of the fastest courses and this was from someone who holds the record for the fastest Park Run in Perth.

I cant wait to get down and try the Canning River Parkrun..now just have to get over an injury and be allowed to do 5 kms!

Edited by CareyJ

@ Lisa: We only recently moved to WA (from Europe), hence I do not yet have a small bunch of friends..... :cry: but working on it :cool:

@ CareyJ: I didn't realize that the park run is that serious! I think I will first have a run there on my own and check the event out and maybe take her the next time as you suggested as a spectator. It's anyway not that important to take Jessie with me as I run with her a couple of times per week in the morning along the Canning River, but thought the park run might be a nice change for the two of us.

Wow that looks like fun and I have never even heard of it!

On the event information page it says

Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.

http://support.parkrun.com/entries/22037173-can-i-run-with-my-dog

:)