Litters Due October 2013

Monteba

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are all the mums to be doing? How are you doing Mathilda's Mum, hope your girl is doing well.

Hi Heidley (& everyone else following this thread). Our Leo girl delivered a gorgeous, healthy & strong boy pup by c-section just before 8am yesterday morning. All went OK with the surgery & he was active & latching onto his mum with ease for a feed.

He was placed into a humidicrib to keep warm after his feed whilst we waited for his mum to recover. When it was time to head home I took our girl out to the van & my hubby went to get the puppy. Suddenly & with no warning the puppy went limp & his heart stopped beating. The team at our Vets worked for 45 minutes to try & save him. They got his heart going again on 2 occasions but he just kept crashing. There was no more they could do.

My husband & I have arranged for a post mortem to be done to try & give us an answer as to what caused his death so suddenly. We can't understand how a strong & healthy pup at birth could die so suddenly. We are utterly heartbroken but focusing on our girl for now to help her recover & grieve the loss of her singleton pup.

Hope your whelping has gone smoothly Monteba

Had a few scary moments with two breech puppies

ended up with boy 253g, girl 261g and boy 244g all feeding and doing very well

My girl is a great mum though trying to get her to eat not too worried at the moment as she did consume the placentas but making her up special meals today to encourage her :thumbsup:

Hope your whelping has gone smoothly Monteba

Had a few scary moments with two breech puppies

ended up with boy 253g, girl 261g and boy 244g all feeding and doing very well

My girl is a great mum though trying to get her to eat not too worried at the moment as she did consume the placentas but making her up special meals today to encourage her :thumbsup:

Many congratulations !!!! Great to hear the pups arrived safely. Hopefully mum will have her appetite back soon.

Heartfelt thanks to all who have sent thoughts to my girl Rose & I on the loss of her singleton pup. Rose is doing OK. I'm keeping a very close watch on her at the moment but she's doing well.

Give all of those pups born in October a little hug from me.

Cheers

Congratulations to everyone who has new puppies. We had a litter of 6. We lost a boy and have 2 girls and 3 boys. We are very excited. Yippeeeee. Sorry it took so long to pass on good news we had computer problems.

Congratulations to all :thumbsup:

My girl is being a beautiful mum and the babies just opened their eyes yesterday right on 2 weeks of age

I am doing Enid Blyton books for this litter so

pups will be

M Mr Pinkwhistle

M Wishing Chair

M Secret of Killimooin

• 1 month later...