Agility/obedience/dog Sports In Brisbane

I am glad you are enjoying the club!

I found that there were only a couple of Recallers games that needed more than one person, most could be done on my own (now even restrained recalls can be done by myself!). Don't hesitate to let me know if you want some help with any of the games.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just been to our 2nd obedience class at Logan tonight, actually really enjoying it despite my concerns to begin with. There are certainly things about it I wish I could change, but I think once we get up to the higher levels that will improve. Sadly so many people don't understand about giving other dogs space - particularly when they are trying to learn!

The number of times we had another dog actually touch Huddy tonight while we were heeling was crazy! But the best thing about it, is that Huddy was AMAZING! He actually concentrated on me and while we were working (not so much with just listening to instructor) he was completely ignoring the other dogs. So happy with him.

He is starting to look up at me as well while heeling which is great! We will have a lot of work to do with getting his sits straight, and getting him to work closer, but given this is just a start - I am sure we will get there. :D

That all sounds very encouraging.

As far as position, and straight sits, etc. go .. it might be worth having a look at platform training - there should be some stuff on the net. Works on the principle of the dog developing muscle memory for what is straight - if any bit of him is off the platform, he's not straight, so he learns to correct himself to get the reward. It's easier to teach correct position stationary at first, rather than moving IMHO.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bump this up again, but I was wondering if any Brissy locals have suggestions for private agility or obedience training? I am super keen to really get things moving this year towards our first trials in CCD, Rally and Agility.. and sadly have no backyard to set up any training exercises in!

Currently still going to BAD and having an absolute ball, I cannot wait to go back this year. It's the funniest thing, but for whatever reason Hudson is SO well behaved there compared with anywhere else we have gone in the past! :D