My Cavalier Started Limping

mel_

Hi guys,

Just after some advice. This morning I took Ollie for his usual morning walk. After we got back I took his harness off in the yard and he had a walk around, then went over to drink some water. He was walking normally at this point. I turned my back for a few minutes and then heard this sudden loud yelp from him, which made me turn around and I saw him limping on his front left leg. He lay down for a couple of minutes and then got up again and was still limping, but not as badly.

I've put pressure up and down his leg a fair bit and he hasn't shown any signs of pain from it, I've also checked his nails, pads and in between his toes and haven't found anything. He's still limping a fair bit now.

Should I see how he is tomorrow and take him straight to the vet if he's still the same, or would something like this heal over time after lots of rest?

I have no idea what caused this! He wears a sens-ible harness as I've been training him not to pull. He did do a couple of bolts this morning, but as I said he was walking normally after we got back so I don't think that had anything to do with it.

He definitely could have, can a wasp/bee sting be seen? He's quite furry around his legs and I haven't been able to see any signs of a sting.

I've just taken a video with my phone, thanks RuralPug.

Poor puppy, it's hard watching them in pain. :( Bees usually leave their stinger behind so you'd notice that but I don't think wasps do. He could have trod on a prickle and have a bit of it still in his pad maybe. I do hope he gets better soon. You could probably leave him until Monday to go to the vet if he's coping with it.

Thanks CHA, it really is :( Hopefully it's nothing serious, I'll definitely get him to the vet if there's no improvement by Monday. I might go check around the area where he yelped tomorrow to see if I can spot anything he might've stepped on.

He was a lot better yesterday morning Jules, he had the slightest limp last night but is doing much better after no walks and lots if rest. Trying to keep such an energetic dog chilled is a challenge, haha.

Thanks for asking Jules! :)