Importing

Rain

Hello

I am looking for recommendations for a company to price the cost of shipment for a puppy when it is of age to come to Australia from the UK,

and any companies i should keep away from through your experience also.

For those breeders that have imported what is the step by step process for importing.

Please feel free to pm me if you prefer.

Thank you kindly

It's complicated because they have to have the rabies vacc, a titre and then wait 150 days before they can leave - plus a bunch of other things. So what you really need is a good agent to do the lot for you and make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.

In that context the expense also really depends on whether the breeder is going to to charge boarding fees etc or whether you have to arrange for the dog to do the 150 days elsewhere (with friends or in a kennel for example).

I used VCK from Europe (Amsterdam) and would recommend them unhesitatingly, they were great, reliable, professional and priced competitively. Can't help with direct from the UK tho'.

Thank you for your replies, I am reading all the information from DAFF and will contact the companies recommended for quotes.

Yes i have to find out boarding fee etc with the breeder just wanted to get an idea of what the cost will be for transport.

Thank you for your replies, I am reading all the information from DAFF and will contact the companies recommended for quotes.

Yes i have to find out boarding fee etc with the breeder just wanted to get an idea of what the cost will be for transport.

I paid roughly 1400 euro for the flights from Amsterdam to Melbourne.

I called Animal Travel and they are not dealing with imports at the moment only exports and domestic travel, they were lovely on the phone.

That is a good price SSM

Yes, that was just the flights, not the rest of the vet and paperwork, but it is a good price. Especially as I recently got quotes for Sydney-Auckland and it was more!! You could fly a person business class from Sydney to Auckland on the amount of money they were after and have change left over to do some shopping. Wish I understood how that works. :confused:

I paid roughly 1400 euro for the flights from Amsterdam to Melbourne.

Wow! How did you swing that one? Fantastic price!