A Very Short Video Of Miah At The Beach

julesluvscavs

Last weekend we took young Miah (pronounced as My ah) to the beach as we have been grieving over the loss of Joey, and thought we should all get out of the house for a little while. Took Renae as well as shes been a bit lost of late without her son frown.gif

Anyway Miah is growing up to be such a confident and outgoing young Cavalier. I could rave about her all day lol Shes been a real little blessing in our lives.

Nothing seems to faze her *touch wood* and she loves everyone and every type of dog we have come across out and about.

It will be her 1st birthday in Nov (same day as my husband and my 9th wedding anniversary) but we are going give her a party the following Saturday ;)

This video only goes for about 26 secs i think. My husband didn't capture the last bit where the wave was coming in and it actually swamped them both lol

There was also a whale further out, so luckily we had Miah on a leash or Im sure she would have gone in and chased it. I don't put anything past her . I think if we bought her a surboard/bodyboard, she's be one of those dogs what would get on it and try to ride it laugh.gif

We are hoping to start her at a dog school very soon, she will love going and learning. (She's only done puppy kindy when she was much younger)

And this is her in our car on the way to the beach.

post-11918-0-57798100-1378869501_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

:love: Oh my goodness, she's growing up totally gorgeous - and as you say, seems very confident - bot bothered when the wave came in.

And yes - she looks like the sort of pup who will love dog school - and Cavs are very versatile - I know Cavs who are stunning obedience dogs, agility dogs, and tracking dogs - not to forget dances with dogs :)

What a good idea for you all to go to the beach - I hope Renae enjoyed herself too. And the whale would have been a real bonus.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you Tassie biggrin.gif

Ironically I had been always looking around for the perfect obedience/agility dog when i was into all that, and was fitter. Now i have a dog that possibly could excel at all of those, and im not able to do it (due to chronic health problems, my spine being one of them) icon_smile_mad.gif

However thats fine, we will still be taking her to school, my husband will be helping and she can learn get to do aspects of all those things at the one we are planning on enrolling her at. They even do dancing with the dogs there too. Well see how we go. The instructor said her experienced daughter handler can help if Im not able to move around much.

It will be great for all of us.

Renae enjoyed her little outing too, she got to have some hot (warm chips) with us ;)

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

:( that's a shame about the health problems. But as you say, she'll still have fun - and there's lots you'll be able to teach her. Sounds like a good school - and would be fun for the instructor's daughter to help.

One thing that you might not know about - but might find useful - is a target stick.

Training with a target stick

One example of a target stick

Oh, bless Renae and her hot/warm chips. :laugh:

ETF typo - as usual :)

Edited by Tassie

I've never heard of them Tassie ! Iv'e been out of the dog training game for yearsembarrass.gif clicker training was only just starting to catch on when i retired from it all. I'll take a better look at those links Thank you :)

Miahs only real flaw atm is she does tend to get a bit obsessive about things but the trainer said even tho thats NOT a good thing and not to be encouraged, its not entirely bad if its used to harness her energy and focus in a positive way (hence why I thought its best we get her enrolled soon!)

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs