Large Lump On Side Of Neck

AA22 I agree with everyone else - the lump needs to be at least aspirated pronto. It's big.

I've had experience with two lumps recently. The first was a foster which sounds very similar to yours - large on his neck unde his chin. While he was being desexed and having his ears flushed under GA, the vet aspirated the lump. It was a fluid filled cyst which drained on needle insertion - nothing further required and lump gone.

The second one was on my girl westies back. Original aspiration showed lipoma or fatty lump. But it got bigger so we decided to remove it and it was much bigger than was obvious from the outside - size of an egg. Vet felt it was benign but I wanted it checked through histopathology - turned out to be a benign epidermal cyst. I was relieved and so was the vet. Nothing further to do or worry about.

Also be aware that needle aspiration has an inaccuracy rate of about 25% or one in four procedures are likely wrong according to my vet. So depends if they are odds you can live with for the sake of an $80 - $120 test. I decided on the test to be sure but certainly understand if you decide not to test.

Hope that helps. smile.gif