Moving To Melbourne - Recommendations Needed Please

Gertrude139

I'm moving to Melbourne, from Sydney, within the next month as I have accepted a job there. I don't know anyone in Melbourne so I need recommendations for just about everything! But I'll start with dog related stuffs :)

The job is in Fairfield and I'm looking at the Heidelberg to Viewbank area for a rental preferably but we may have to go elsewhere if we can't find anything in time.

So I'm after recommendations for;

Training club - I don't want to trial but just to teach my dogs ongoing obedience

Vet

Behaviorist - for one on one problem solving type training

Boarding Kennel

Great walking/biking tracks that allow dogs

Good butcher as they are fed raw

Dog friendly cafes

My dogs are two sibes, they are both current with C5's but I plan to titre test from now on so a club and kennel that accepted titre testing would be advantageous (and also a vet that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for titre!).

I'm willing to travel for the right place. Obviously though it would be good to have a vet close for emergencies and if training was after work on a weeknight it couldn't be too far away.

Also if anyone knows any pet friendly places not too far from Heidelberg that are coming on the market please let me know!

I used to live in Kew which is near by but unfortunately I didn't have a dog there so I can't comment on many of your points.

However there are plenty of walking / biking tracks along the Yarra river, the Banyule City council seems to be pretty relaxed about where you can take your dog, there's more detail on the council website.

http://www.banyule.vic.gov.au/Services/Pets-and-Animals/Walking-Your-Dog

Also for dog training, check out this post, Eastern Suburbs Dog Club in Mitcham would probably be the closest to Heidelberg :)

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/251783-looking-for-a-dog-training-school-in-xxx/

Also not to far from Heidleberg is Ruffey Lake Park in Doncaster which is a very big park with huge expanses of off leash areas.

Good luck on the move and hopefully other people can help out with a few recommendations :)