Clicking Sound

Vurd2BB

Hey all,

I am due to go to the Vet with Sara (2yr old GSD), i just noticed a clicking sound coming from her hip, but only happens when i make her side step, or atleast of what i have noticed so far.

I don't notice any pain, any lameness, pain, bunny hopping or any of the other diagnosable symptoms. I mentioned in another thread i had started, i have recently started to exercise her more, not sure if this would have anything to do with it.

I will definitely mention it to the vet, but wanted to see if anyone else has heard or had something similar with their dog?

Cheers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely worth a check with a vet who is good diagnosing joint/skeletal things :)

Any ideas of one in Sydney west?

Ever heard of this kind of thing before ? I really only noticed it today for the first time, we went playing fetch yesterday.

Has anyone been able to contact Karen Hedberg recently, the number i googled can't seem to get through.

Called Rob Zammit, waiting for a call back to have a chat.

I called Karen Hedbergs clinic a few weeks ago and spoke to her, I believe this is the number 4571 2042 at North Richmond.

hearing clicking sounds when walking from what I've read may not be good, but if it is HD hope I hope it isn't bad for you both.

Edited by bellske

hm cuts out immediately no ringing from landline, and from mobile i get a busy tone

weird, I just checked my history then and that's the number I got from yellow pages that I visited middle of last month. I just tried calling myself on the landline and its busy.

I do know she's in Monday, Tuesday, and I think they said shes in on Fridays.

Strange, how is Rob Zammit in comparison ?

I've never visited either with my GSD but I was told by several people to go to Karen(I believe shes the Hereditary diseases person for the GSD council) when I was getting paranoid about my pups hips, though from talking to her she was very helpful and pretty much squashed my worries, along with seeing other pups run about.

I can say my partner likes her clinic as she's taken her own dog there, and we also dropped a lost cat in there one day.

How old is your GSD now, what were your concerns ?

my pups almost 6 months lol and I was being a bit of a 1st time GSD owner worry wart to be honest.

It just seemed like she was limping on her right leg on and off and I thought it may of been her hips and another vet who I went to locally for her shots wanted to x-ray her and was being concerned saying it could be HD, they also told me to up her weight a lot, but after talking to the breeder and other people I've been told her weight is fine and if I have any concerns about hips or something specific to go see Karen as a lot of vets don't know GSD's well, she also does the breed x-rays and I think Rob does too. So I gave her a call and Karen said if she was showing signs now it would probably mean it is pretty severe HD, but looking back I can pretty much say I had been stressing over nothing and its now been shoved to the back of my mind, but then I had other things to worry about like ears going back up lol and now its are they going to straighten out instead of looking like a teepee lol

HAha i remember i was the same when Sara was a pup, worries are back :p

I hope its nothing and just a bit of strain from the extra exercise, I've read swimming is really good for building muscle without the joint and bone strain, the extra muscle is supposedly good if the hips are a little loose. Theres a vet that has a pool where you can take your dog to swim too. I've given them a call and they said it's a full size pool, sometimes you might have to wait but you can swim as long as you want they said, I haven't visited yet but I plan too.

Edited by bellske

he has been gaining mass recently, i was fairly impressed lol, i have a backyard pool but no way for her to get in our out, i'll have to try and fashion something

Dunno If I want missy to muscle up, she's already quite strong she'd probably pull a car when shes finished growing lol