Border Collie Heaven

Agility Dogs

Thanks for explaining that in detail Agility Dogs. They have numerous uses then don't they. It's amazing how you have taught your guys to balance on them. I should try one to help my girl as she lacks confidence.

And more great pic's :)

Thanks for explaining that in detail Agility Dogs. They have numerous uses then don't they. It's amazing how you have taught your guys to balance on them. I should try one to help my girl as she lacks confidence.

And more great pic's :)

Thanks and no problem.

The boy with the big head is one of the least confident dogs I know. Up until he was just over 2 he would pee himself when a large person approached him. He just LOVES it and all the shaping stuff has really built him up to the point where most people are just amazed when he has a 'CK moment'. Today he loves everyone - I think our shaping exercises have played a big part in his transformation.

Thats really great if shaping exercises has brought him out of his shell & built up his confidence to the point where he is very comfortable now with everybody.

Another question if you dont mind. How much time with shaping each day would you have spent approx. shaping such behaviour. I do understand every dog is different but just wondering. My girl is very nervous but very food driven. I may be able to manage to shape this kind of behaviour. Im not very confident myself so we are both a work in progress. Probably not the best combo :)

Edited by BC Crazy

:). At the start we went right back to 5 or 6 15 second sessions. Then we built up to now where we can work for as long as I want really - 6 long years with tho!

It's about building pressure and giving them a rest before you break them. Always finish with them on a high. (Hence 15 seconds)

Also don't focus on the job too much. It's about rate of reward as well. Ficus in that and fun!!!