Border Collie Heaven

Agility Dogs

:) Thanks - they are pretty cool.

Had a great time. I went with slightly higher expectations than I perhaps should have, but after the first day had a good think about what was going on and by the end of it was really pleased with how the puppies ran.

Ended up with a heap of clear rounds and second place in the Maxi Team challenge.

I actually bumped into a guy that was a spectator at this event. He absolutely loved it & was kind enough to share some pic's & video footage he had taken of of some of the event. Fantastic venue. Amazingly talented dogs...... Promised myself a seat there one time as I would love to go & watch in ore of such well trained beauty & talent.

Wonderful photo's Agility Dogs. Beautiful dogs. Your right it does look like BC heaven :)

I wouldn't be able to tell them apart :o

LOL. Most people can't (With the one exception.....my grey faced girl Xena.)

Four of them are related. Two have the same father, two have the same Grand Father or great grand father (I forget) and one has very similar lines with a relative about 3 generations back.

The good thing is that they can tell themselves apart and will answer to their own name instead of any name! That would be interesting.

I actually bumped into a guy that was a spectator at this event. He absolutely loved it & was kind enough to share some pic's & video footage he had taken of of some of the event. Fantastic venue. Amazingly talented dogs...... Promised myself a seat there one time as I would love to go & watch in ore of such well trained beauty & talent.

Wonderful photo's Agility Dogs. Beautiful dogs. Your right it does look like BC heaven :)

Thanks.

It is a fantastic event. Just the right mix of relaxation and competition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great shots once again Agility Dogs. Can I ask those blue fit balls are they to help teach your dogs balance or feet position awareness? I have seen quite a few people use them for rehabilation.

:) Thanks. I think they must almost be the most photoghraphed dogs in the world. My next puppy will likely be called EOS. (As in Canon).

The fitballs have a few uses. They are a great for shaping something that really doesn't matter - so brilliant from a training perspective.

They are great for balance and core strength as well. We use all different shapes and sizes and ask the dogs to do different stuff on them. Because they move under the dogs they have to hold their core quite strong.

It also gives them confidence on obstacles that may not necessarily be so stable under them.

Finally - it's great for teaching them to understand where all their feet are and to be able to use them independently. My currently project is to shape one foot on each of 4 different fit pods. :) I've attached another couple of pics showing how the puppies use them.

post-30032-0-11037600-1394089471_thumb.jpg

post-30032-0-37099100-1394089516_thumb.jpg