Miniature Dachshund Pup - Questions & Advice

M1keAU

Is there any reason why they can't have their own beds ?

I like to see dogs sharing ... but they do it themselves when they are comfortable ..not because there is one bed "to share" cos I set it up that way ;)

They each have a designated bed but won't sleep separate to each other! lol. I guess its a good thing that they are bonding well.

I have been getting her to have her daytime naps in the crate yesterday and today and she is getting a little more familiar with it -- i think the trick of an evening is to tire her our before bed by letting them play together and giving her some attention in the crate prior to her falling asleep.

Overall she is really well. I think I overfed her yesterday (wasn't paying attention to what I was mixing up) and she regurgitated up the food but has been fine since. I have actually split her meals in half, at a time, so that she digests some then gets the other little bit as she just vaccuum's up the food. She is being fed the correct amounts and at the right frequency, but the breed generally tends to be ruled by their appetite.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any reason why they can't have their own beds ?

I like to see dogs sharing ... but they do it themselves when they are comfortable ..not because there is one bed "to share" cos I set it up that way ;)

They each have a designated bed but won't sleep separate to each other! lol. I guess its a good thing that they are bonding well.

I have been getting her to have her daytime naps in the crate yesterday and today and she is getting a little more familiar with it -- i think the trick of an evening is to tire her our before bed by letting them play together and giving her some attention in the crate prior to her falling asleep.

Overall she is really well. I think I overfed her yesterday (wasn't paying attention to what I was mixing up) and she regurgitated up the food but has been fine since. I have actually split her meals in half, at a time, so that she digests some then gets the other little bit as she just vaccuum's up the food. She is being fed the correct amounts and at the right frequency, but the breed generally tends to be ruled by their appetite.

Yes dachies DO love their food.. Keep her at a good weight.. One of my pet hates is seeing one that is to over weight..!

Enjoy her!

Edited by TeamSnag