Qld Police K9 Puts Handler In Hospital

Santo66

Thanks for you kind words much appreciated. What actually bought me here to the forum is to research Westies (West Highland Terriers)as my wife adores them and has wanted one for her personal dog for many years an idea that I have rejected for no good reason other than my passion for working GSD's. She said to me the other night, that wanting a Westie doesn't mean she doesn't want GSD's, she just wants a breed she feels passionate about also and she can pick up and handle more easily and why can't we have both?. She's right so other than knowing Westies are white, well I assume they all white and they have a cute face, I am hoping to learn something about them from the knowledgeable people here is the forum which I am sure I will find.

I wasn't aware of too many working dog discussions occurring here and the agility threads I have read before, have too much precision for me and I don't understand the lingo of what the training is about, until I read the police dog thread I was a bit of an occasional lurker and thought perhaps I could speak on the subject with a contribution as the topic to many seemed interesting.

It's nice to be welcomed aboard, thank you :)

:offtopic: FYI Amax-1,

Westie Club Qld:

K6_TY47YS3x.pngThis year's Christmas BBQ Breakfast will be held on Saturday,

7 December 2013 at 9.00am.

John Goss Reserve, Maundrell Tce, Chermside West (near St Gerards Catholic Church)

$5.00 per person. Children under 10 are free. BYO drinks and chairs.

Come along and share a wonderful day with us. It is a great opportunity for Westie owners to meet and exchange Westie stories and information. It is a fun day with lots of games for you and your westies, raffles, prizes and Santa may pay us a visit too. All members and visitors are welcome!

You and your wife just better be there!

ps...leave your GSD's at home...they may be ganged up on by 30+ Westies :D

Excellent thank you :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why they even bothered, it's not like he was going anywhere in a hurry, I mean what would he have done started swimming up and down the beach lol, I saw a similar thing happen at Mooloolaba and the police just waited until the guy was pooped out from swimming around in circles before they nabbed him.

As far as the dog biting it's handler, as far as I can see shit happens. it's a dog with a dog brain, not a drone robot with a human joystick controller.

Thanks for you kind words much appreciated. What actually bought me here to the forum is to research Westies (West Highland Terriers)as my wife adores them and has wanted one for her personal dog for many years an idea that I have rejected for no good reason other than my passion for working GSD's. She said to me the other night, that wanting a Westie doesn't mean she doesn't want GSD's, she just wants a breed she feels passionate about also and she can pick up and handle more easily and why can't we have both?. She's right so other than knowing Westies are white, well I assume they all white and they have a cute face, I am hoping to learn something about them from the knowledgeable people here is the forum which I am sure I will find.

I wasn't aware of too many working dog discussions occurring here and the agility threads I have read before, have too much precision for me and I don't understand the lingo of what the training is about, until I read the police dog thread I was a bit of an occasional lurker and thought perhaps I could speak on the subject with a contribution as the topic to many seemed interesting.

It's nice to be welcomed aboard, thank you :)

Welcome, I hope to learn lots via your future posts on GSDs please! :)

The police dog was just doing it's job, what it had been extensively trained to do, the dark, the water and general chaos caused him to bite the wrong person, that's not the dogs fault. It's the fault of the handler who put him in that situation.

Why anyone is surprised that a police dog bit his handler I don't know, when a dog is trained to bite in chaotic conditions, no one should be shocked if the wrong person gets bitten. I'm sure the handler isn't shocked at all, it's a hazard of his job I would think.