Bumps All Over Puppies Head?

jaydenjessica

Hi everyone,

I have a 12 week old staffy pup and I noticed a bump under her eye yesterday, it didn't seem to bother her at all but today it seems she has about 10-20 hard little bumps on her head and 3 near her first one on her eye! They're very hard and she's not too bothered when I touch them.. I recently weaned her onto canned optimum puppy food ( as she's always eaten the optimum dry food. ) could she be having a allergic reaction to it?? She also had her 2nd vaccine last week and was treated with advantix so it could be that too??

She's booked into the vet for tomorrow but thought I would get some other opinions incase it's something that's not very serious and can be treated without going to the vet :)

Thanks.

Thanks everyone, looks like an allergy so far. Going to try some Benadryl and see if it clears up. Then the fun part of trying to find what triggered the allergy, I'll try ease her into a new food and see how we go if not we did go for a run and she did jump in some longish grass so that would be my next guess for the allergy :)

• 1 month later...

Our little Stafford pup got a similar thing at around a similar age. They were like a little riased lump mainly on the top of his head and a few on his back legs. I wondered if they were mozzie bites or something at first. They cleared up after a week or so and I havn't noticed any since. I asked the vet about them and he said it could be a number of things and to bring him back in if they reappear.

Good luck with it.