Dog From Pound With Exposure To Parvovirus

Mangoe

Just to update, the pup is sick. He started vomiting yesterday. I was told that he hadn't passed any blood and was on a drip but that things were not looking good. I've not heard anything today so am hopeful no news is good news but I know it does not sound good. The lady I spoke to said she would call me as soon as she hears anything and would be working over the weekend.

They've have not asked me to pay anything towards the vet fees but have also said if he passes blood he won't be treated any further.

With regards to the hots spots, I was told they are not really anything to worry about - is this not the case?

Unfortunately this has made me feel a little bit uneasy about going this route again. I think next time I might go with a rescue group.

Hot spots are not something to take lightly.

I would advise you to find a pup that is in good health.

I would walk away from this pup and find another. As hard as it is now, this is not a pup who has had a good start in life and as callous as it sounds, there are plenty of other healthy dogs and pups needing homes.

Hot spots can be a one off but they can also be recurrent and an ongoing issue. Do you know much about where the pup came from?

When you make your decision, just keep in mind that a young pup with these kinds of health issues has likely not had a good start to life which could mean you have more issues, health and behaviour wise.

I do hope he recovers the poor little mite:(