Tas Rspca Might Be Doing Something For Animals

Angeluca

They list only the positive though, not the reality.

Try talking to someone who lives here- the general feeling is that the RSPCA are next to useless. Case in point.. a wallaby hit and left injured on the road, only a few hundred metres from the gates of their Hobart shelter. RSPCA were called and would not attend.

Court results don't really say much besides "they sometimes do the job they are paid by the government to do". Penalties applied are decided by a judge based on severity of the crime and any mitigating factors.

What they present is a (fairly short) list of successful cases with no mention of how many cases they simply don't bother to actually look into. In 2013 (that same year) I reported someone for something very serious (won't go into details here, for obvious reasons) and they didn't bother to send an inspector out. Not only that, the person in question is now running a "rescue" and actively taking in even more animals.

So yeah, they're doing something for animals, all right :mad

True hence the word somethng

It is clear there is more then this 10 or so cases every year, more in the 100s just in investigated complaints 1000s in completely ignored, and all these cases i suspect have a similarity or 2 in common, people who are not associated with a company or high profile identity, not associated with any organization, easy to trial or alienated from society.

they can be made examples from (or distraction from the lack of effort put forward in a the eyes of a gullible public).

I too have had the pleasure of making complaints for years about horses worse then these photos, running on a public road and then locked in a paddock with no water for days, just to have the council and RSPCA come out and tell them to feed the animals. Oh the best part is a few years after these complaints started they started working for the council as refuse tip operators.

I had to retrieve my dogs off her property once as she told me not to go on there I went to the cop station first and told them i was going on there and they were welcomed to join me, the said go for it if you have any issues call me. i saw a skeleton of a sheep, reported it. rang back to ask what had happen a few days later. "Oh the officer didn't find any evidence of sheep on the property" . Good Ol QLD RSPCA.

True hence the word somethng

It is clear there is more then this 10 or so cases every year, more in the 100s just in investigated complaints 1000s in completely ignored, and all these cases i suspect have a similarity or 2 in common, people who are not associated with a company or high profile identity, not associated with any organization, easy to trial or alienated from society.

they can be made examples from (or distraction from the lack of effort put forward in a the eyes of a gullible public).

I too have had the pleasure of making complaints for years about horses worse then these photos, running on a public road and then locked in a paddock with no water for days, just to have the council and RSPCA come out and tell them to feed the animals. Oh the best part is a few years after these complaints started they started working for the council as refuse tip operators.

I had to retrieve my dogs off her property once as she told me not to go on there I went to the cop station first and told them i was going on there and they were welcomed to join me, the said go for it if you have any issues call me. i saw a skeleton of a sheep, reported it. rang back to ask what had happen a few days later. "Oh the officer didn't find any evidence of sheep on the property" . Good Ol QLD RSPCA.

That, I completely agree with.

There's a property near us, only a couple of acres, and at any one time there are more than thirty donkeys and TBs on it, often with several foals. It's a ridiculously insufficient amount of land for that many equines and they aren't being fed properly (round bales dumped out every few months and left to rot) but the woman who owns all those animals is a government employee. Several people I know have reported her and complained but nothing is ever done. Her partner is apparently a well known drug dealer but nothing gets done about that, either. Grease the right palms and it's a smooth ride, I guess :mad