Clicker Training Resources?

As the title says, does anyone know of any clicker training resources for beginner clickers?

In the recent Clean Run sale, I got a clicker to experiment with. Of course, I chose the one that looked more comfortable to use rather than the one that came with a set of tips/instructions, and now regret it somewhat!

I get the basics - eg. building value by starting off giving easy behaviour commands, then clicking and treating, and working your way up when value has been established. Is there more technique to it though?

I'm generally pretty happy with how my dog responds to vocal markers, but would like to experiment with developing and using the clicker as a bridging/encouragement marker between rewards to extend the period of time he'll offer a behaviour eg. eye contact during heelwork etc.

I'm also interested in clicker training from a more academic point of view as well, especially using one as an alternative to vocal markers, perhaps when a handler might have 'poisoned' verbals etc.

Anyone have any ideas? :)

I wrote an article recently on clicker training for beginners for a session I did for the dog club, & posted it on my web site for anyone to read. It probably covers just about everything you need to know about CT & answers most questions :) You are quite welcome to have a read, just click on this link Introduction to Clicker Training & then click on the PDF file. There are also some recommendations for further reading. Have fun...your dog sure will & welcome to the magical world of Clicker Training. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for the recommendations, guys! I do need to get around to watching a few more Kikopup videos. And that article is exactly what I was looking for, so thank you heaps, Sheena.

Looks like I've got some inside stuff to do while the weather goes into meltdown again this week! :)