Discovering Toys

biker girl

I have an (almost) 7yr old sheppie, who up to the last few months turned her nose up at toys.

The standard joke at agility foundation training was "throw Tasha's toy, get her excited!!!' My reply was "Tasha doesn't DO toys" laugh.gif

She would look down her nose at them, it was almost beneath her to lower herself to play...................

Until now.......................

She has discovered the joys of running after a thrown toy, jumping to catch it and tossing them into the air & then killing them biggrin.gif

Anyone with a late toy player??????????

:rofl: yes my 13 and a half year old has never really "done" toys until she had surgery for her cruciate and moved in with my parents. Whenever I went to visit her I would end up with a toy shoved in my leg. Now she is home again she will often run around the place with a toy.

Same in this house. My heart girl adores toys and has always encouraged fosters to embrace the toy. My sister's almost 11 year old dog who lives here too has always stuck her nose in the air at such trivialities. She has always been referred to as The Fun Police as she is a terrible dibber dobber. The past year though we noticed toilet rolls that were given to the other dogs appearing mysteriously between her front paws, chewed sticks just happened to be where she was lying and even worse, she has been 'caught' with tug toys in her mouth! When sprung she just looks at us like "oh get over yourselves!" I really do think that touch of dementia has made her a happier dog!

Nah it was a little while ago so would have drpped off the first few pages by now, wasn't having a go at you for posting another thread I promise :)

Any excuse to talk about golden oldies with new found loves is good with me :D

thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif