Titre Testing Victoria

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Funny, I've just had the same experience of explaining what I want to the receptionist 3 times, and in each case the vets response was "it's cheaper and easier to vacinate" they weren't interested in talking to me about this and why I wanted to do it. The one quote I did get back was for $410 - eeek. I almose gave up but reading this has renewed my enthusiasm. I'm going to call all of the vets in Melbourne you guys have recommended here. I think I'm going to struggle explaining my decision to my dog obedience club who request evidence of annual vacinations each year. I called the insurance company though, and they were not bothered if Jeff was vacinated or not. I can let you know how I get on, thanks for the info.

Funny, I've just had the same experience of explaining what I want to the receptionist 3 times, and in each case the vets response was "it's cheaper and easier to vacinate" they weren't interested in talking to me about this and why I wanted to do it. The one quote I did get back was for $410 - eeek. I almose gave up but reading this has renewed my enthusiasm. I'm going to call all of the vets in Melbourne you guys have recommended here. I think I'm going to struggle explaining my decision to my dog obedience club who request evidence of annual vacinations each year. I called the insurance company though, and they were not bothered if Jeff was vacinated or not. I can let you know how I get on, thanks for the info.

In the end my owner was happy to drive to Geelong. It was a very frustrating exercise and I would have rung over 10 vets. I wish you luck and if you have any joy - can you post it here please. I think my next cheapest price was $240

Edited by Ptolomy

Rebecca Bugg at Vetcall does titres, can't remember price but about the same as a standard vaccination. She is currently based in Sunshine.

http://www.vetcall.net.au/about-us.php

Thanks for this - I have sent them an email.

Did you happen to get a response to this one at all?

I did call them - but have to be honest and say that I can't remember now.

In the end my owner was happy to drive to Geelong. It was a very frustrating exercise and I would have rung over 10 vets. I wish you luck and if you have any joy - can you post it here please. I think my next cheapest price was $240

So, I sat down to call Paws To Heal, Ultimate and Vetcall for quotes today. The vet at Paws To Heal quoted me $130 and was really happy to talk about my motives. When I told her Jeff was 10 and had been vacinated yearly she told me he would definitley return a positive reading (that is he would register immunity for dystemper and parvo). She said she would do the test for me if I wanted the reassurance. She also said Margaret O'Riordan (a holistic vet in Thornbury) would probably do it too.

But after that I'm thinking I wont get him tested or vacinated, I do feel very confident he's coverd. I'll still take him to my local vet for an annual check up though, for me that's important

• 2 months later...

Just a little update, cheapest I have found so far!

Dr Saranyu Pearson <[email protected]> wrote:

The titre tests are $110 each including collection and sending to Perth plus certificate.

This also assumes that the dogs are quiet and larger breed (over 10kg) with small excitable dogs I need to make arrangements to have a colleague collect samples which alters the cost arrangement.

If there are other requirements eg health check or consultation that is extra and if I haven't seen the animals previously this is often indicated ($130/hr)

Thank you

Dr Pearson

03 5277 0554