2014 Mushing Thread

IMPORTANT UPDATE for the coming weekend!

Canberra sled dog club traing day on this weekend.. See above flyer

17/18 - May AM/AM SASDC Race 1 Meadows Flat, Kuitpo SA Meadows

Cancelled/ rescheduled until further notice due to hot conditions

17/18 - May PM/AM NVSDC Race 1 & 2 Kooyoora State Park Vic Inglewood

Race Update

As those weather watchers will have noticed temperatures are looking a little dodgy for the Saturday night race. The site is at the bottom of the hill in a well treed area and forecast temperatures are taken a fair bit away from the site so hopefully we will be ok however if Temperatures aren't acceptable by 6.30-7pm we will cancel the night race. Obviously we will need to monitor conditions once we are out there.

We may offer Canicross and Bikejoring earlier in the afternoon (we can run these events up to 18 degrees) if members are interested. These events will be conducted around the 1 dog track.

Race 2 Sunday morning will go ahead as planned as temperatures should be fine in the AM. Sunday morning check in is scheduled at 7am but we may need to have Drivers meeting not long after to make the most of the cooler temperatures.

See you there;

Regards

E'vette Levett

NVSDC Race Coordinator.

17/18 - May AM/AM Gnangara Gallop Gnangara Pine Plantation WA Midland

Cancelled

Trying to get sorted in time for this seasons but things aren't working out!!

Need a new harness, my custom made one does not fit well, and there is no standard Taiga harness (as recommended by my vet) in Elsie's size so we're going to order a custom made one!

Need a new bike... Mine got stolen!!

Need to get a new bikejouring attachment welded... As Elsie is very short, I don't like having the attachment up by the handlebars as it reduces her power!

I'm looking forward to this season, 2-dog Bikejour has been introduced! I am gonna go faaaast!

Hoping to use my dad's Doberman, I have run her with Elsie before and she is great, hoping he will keep her fit for me!

• 3 weeks later...