Mackay Guide Dog Handler Victim Of Countless Attacks

Steph M

I don't think it would be any different than walking with her husband or a friend as she does now :confused:

I feel such a klultz....

Rosetta, you are correct.

Was off there.

Sorry.... I have blonde moments.

:cry:

:laugh: Don't we all!

This is so sad and frustrating on so many levels. Poor lady, poor dog, it is simply not fair that they have to be put through this trauma by ignorant people. As if life wasn't challenging enough.

This is so sad and frustrating on so many levels. Poor lady, poor dog, it is simply not fair that they have to be put through this trauma by ignorant people. As if life wasn't challenging enough.

For me, it simply shows the ignorance of people when I hear of any issues to do with Guide Dogs or Assistance dogs.

Lack of tolerance exists. Yet if those same people were in the same position, I imagine they would demand their rights.

For me, it simply shows the ignorance of people when I hear of any issues to do with Guide Dogs or Assistance dogs.

Lack of tolerance exists. Yet if those same people were in the same position, I imagine they would demand their rights.

Yes, this is true. I just don't understand how people can be intolerant of a person with a disability and their helper?? Apologies that I have used the term disability, as I am not up with the correct term these days :(

What happens to them when they retire though - are they rehomed to a suitable family? You would hope so after years of service.

Many retired Guide Dog's retire with their Handlers and continue to live the life of their dreams.

Some retired Guide Dogs are very carefully placed into pet homes, retire with their puppy raisers or with Guide Dog trainers/staff.

They are clearly treasured dogs, everyone from their puppy raisers. All of those who have worked and interacted with the dogs are very passionate.

Guide Dogs are very special souls :)

Story's as above make me shudder, it is beyond my comprehension and certainly not uncommon.

• 1 month later...

I will never understand why there are not council staff monitoring the streets and fining owners for having their dogs off leash and not picking up dog poop. On any given day I will encounter at least 3 of them while I'm walking my dogs, and while driving around I'll see more. I think it could be a very lucritive revenue source for them, not to mention having the knock on affect of making the streets safer.

I'm pretty sure that once word got out that there would be a lot fewer idiots putting their dogs and everyone else in harms way.

I walk dogs 10km's most days and rarely do I not encounter off leash dogs somewhere with owners who can't control them....I had two today run at us, one with a bit of aggression. As far as off leash dogs attacking guide dogs working for a blind handler is inexcusable, but sadly is a hazard with today's irresponsible dog owners.