Just For Fun.... What Breeds Do You Think Best Exemplify Their Standar

Brandiandwe when you start out it is such a scary experience giving control of your dog over to natural instinct and not interfering, just guiding. It is especially hard for those of us who do obedience. You have to trust that your dog knows what to do. You teach them distance, respect and hand signals, but ultimately it is the dog communicating with the sheep and working out who the lead sheep is to enable them to move the mob.

But it is exhilarating and so much fun :D

Brandiandwe when you start out it is such a scary experience giving control of your dog over to natural instinct and not interfering, just guiding. It is especially hard for those of us who do obedience. You have to trust that your dog knows what to do. You teach them distance, respect and hand signals, but ultimately it is the dog communicating with the sheep and working out who the lead sheep is to enable them to move the mob.

But it is exhilarating and so much fun :D

I have greyhounds, one if whom has a very nicely developed prey drive..... Giving control of my dog to that natural instinct isn't something encouraged in suburban areas. :laugh:

I loved seeing them work, but also love the smiles with the children....