Insurance Question

Hi all, I have my pup covered by pet plan Supreme, we got a rehome husky 3.5 mths ago and wanted to insure her too but its all changed and she will cost more on the basic cover than he costs on the top cover? I am guessing its all changed as I put in my pups details and the new plans will cost $20 a mth more!!

any other insurance companies recommended which are cheaper? keeping him on the plan he is as he is cheaper on the old plan, but wanting to cover her for basic too.

Hi all, I have my pup covered by pet plan Supreme, we got a rehome husky 3.5 mths ago and wanted to insure her too but its all changed and she will cost more on the basic cover than he costs on the top cover? I am guessing its all changed as I put in my pups details and the new plans will cost $20 a mth more!!

any other insurance companies recommended which are cheaper? keeping him on the plan he is as he is cheaper on the old plan, but wanting to cover her for basic too.

Petplan have just hiked up their prices. There is another thread here http://www.dolforums...emium-increase/

People are pretty cranky over it..

Yep Petplan seemed to be the insurers of choice for a long time - and people were generally happy with their premiums (they seemed fair), response to claims and their service. But I suspect that has changed with the latest huge hike in their premiums. So it might pay to shop around really thoroughly and read the fine print. All is not as it seems with pet insurance. Have heard some terrible stories - and really the worth of insurance is when you need to claim - so cheapest is not always best.

I think Choice looked at the issue recently... I'll post a link if I can...

Here's the Choice link. It generally seems that at most price points there's PetPlan and the rest. But I think this was written prior to the recent price hikes so be careful. Like I said the devil will be in the detail. Hope it helps.smile.gif Edited by westiemum