Dog Trainer Or Behaviourist Recommendations In Or Near Canberra

louise6616

Wow, great feedback Staffyluv!!!

Maybe I should leave the dog at home and take the family up instead.. Its probably 80% us that need the training lol!!

Not really! Steve does the whole dynamics of the looking at the dog and the humans' interactions with the dog.

This is what makes him fabulous.

But you get a chance to talk first before you make and attend the appointment.

In this matter there are two principals: the Cane Corso and the human(s). He aids the development of the correct interaction.

Speak/email them first. I also suggust subscribing to his blog. Read as much as you can about him.

Good Luck

Wow, great feedback Staffyluv!!!

Maybe I should leave the dog at home and take the family up instead.. Its probably 80% us that need the training lol!!

Yep, most of Zig's issues were me and the way I was doing things with him.

Once Steve showed me some things to get around the unwanted behaviours and I started using them every day - I made the world of difference.

It sounds so simple but the thing that has stuck most with us, is the word 'yes' and what it means to Zig, now he knows what comes after it..

I promise, if you go see him, follow his suggestions and the plan he sets up for you, then you won't be disappointed.

I would have been happy to pay double what I paid for the success I have had from one visit and an 8 week email follow up.

Thanks all!

I probably should have asked more directly.. for an initial consult are we talking hundreds or thousands! That's really what I was asking, I got the answer so thank you!

Anyways, have read some of the stuff on his website, his philosophy etc. Looking forward to speaking with him :)

Although Steve is great and certainly achieves results, some local trainers to consider include Paul from the Canine Coach (we've had some success referring difficult dogs from our dog club to him) and I'd second Raelene Koerber, she's a really good trainer.

• 5 weeks later...

FYI..

We met with Paul ~ Canine coach this week. Best decision ever. We have a written plan to work on daily, and will meet up with him monthly for the next 12months (give or take).

Very impressed with Paul for anyone local needs a doggie trainer :)