Going Manual

Ozstar

Went out yesterday to practice manual settings :eek: . The weather was horrible, light to heavy drizzle, overcast with the occasional burst of sun. Think I left it a bit late in the day as it was quite dark but made for more of a challenge :D

Taken at the local wet lands.

006-0_zps2fd9a13e.jpg

027-00_zpsdc763b17.jpg

023-0_zpsf3934103.jpg

011-0_zps479fc0c2.jpg

026-0_zpscb60d8ed.jpg

Leanne

Yes, it's not as scary as you think :laugh: I mean going manual!

I went to a sheepdog trial today, haven't had time to put my shots on Flickr yet, but I was surprised to see my manual shots were better than the ones taken on shutter priority :D

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Manual was scary to start with as all my photos where coming out very dark but eventually after changing settings and lots of "check to see if that made a difference" photos I got there :laugh:

These where taken at the old Railway Station, it was starting to rain harder now but I was determined or is that just crazy :confused:

this fence looked very nasty

042-0_zps4c5f947b.jpg

050-0_zps8b77e2df.jpg

054-0_zpsd8b6633b.jpg

Leanne

Good move practicing full manual. While often shooting in priority mode is perfectly fine (I usually use A ) there are times where it just wont cut it, it's then when previous play time really helps to lock in what you need set quickly.

I wouldn't worry to much about flash, especially for the type of shot's you've taken, it would have likely ruined them. Direct flash can be a nasty thing that can sap what draws one into the image. Handy if you really need to get a pic, less so if you're trying to be creative, well unless you really get into strobe lighting/systems an make it work for your shots.