Puppy Toilet Training Going To Breakdown

jonybravo13

I have 14 week old staffy puppy we've had her for about a month now. We live in housing with junkie neighbours so we can't exactly teach her only place to toilet is outside because when we go out we have to leave her inside otherwise she will get stolen or baited. So we are trying to teach her to go where the pads are she goes really well for like a couple days in a row then just goes backwards like she was never taught , she either gets the picture for upstairs and doesn't for down or vise versa or forgets completely what do we do!!!!!

I have 14 week old staffy puppy we've had her for about a month now. We live in housing with junkie neighbours so we can't exactly teach her only place to toilet is outside because when we go out we have to leave her inside otherwise she will get stolen or baited. So we are trying to teach her to go where the pads are she goes really well for like a couple days in a row then just goes backwards like she was never taught , she either gets the picture for upstairs and doesn't for down or vise versa or forgets completely what do we do!!!!!

Why can't you take her outside on lead and teach her to eliminate outside? She can't be stolen if you are holding the other end of the lead.

Of course, like any other 14 week old puppy, she should be left inside the house when you go out.

I'm not a fan of pee pads. The teach a dog it's ok to pee/poop inside the house.

You have to decide what your long term plan is for where this dog will be toileting .

If you want that to be more inside & in the correct spot then get rid of the pee pads & set up an indoor toilet .

If your plan is to want to toilet outside only then you need to place her outside as often as possible .

Biggest bit of advice I can give is to be patient and consistent. 14 weeks is still very young and I promise you in a few months time you'll have a house trained dog if you just persevere with it for now.