Cerebellar Tremors

Hi all

I have just left my vet and we think my dog may have Cerebellar Tremors he is a 4 month old Jack Russell.

Before we do an MRI we are going to start him on a course of antibiotics as he has a temp of 39 degrees which could be causing the tremors.

Has anyone else dealt with this condition.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi and thanks.

Symptoms are high temperature and uncontrollably shaking of his head all most like a bobble head when it happens it doesn't seem to cause any pain he just looks blank and then will sleep for a while afterwards

What Snook said.smile.gif Only to add if the temp comes down and he still has the tremors you might need to consider focal epilepsy. My westie Andy has very mild focal epilepsy where his head 'bobbles' as you say, but he doesn't lose consciousness and is not incontinent and he is 'awake' when it happens. HE will often seek me out if it happens when I'm home. Its too mild for medication and when it happens I just hold him until it stops (3 - 7 minutes or so) and then he goes to sleep.

The best think you can do is keep a diary of dates, times and descriptions of each attack you see so you and the vet can be very sure of any pattern, the frequency and intensity. Andy is more at risk in hot weather I've noticed. If possible video it as well as they invariably stop by the time you get tot the vet.

Good luck and let us know how you get on?smile.gif