Austral Vet Closed Down :(

Jumped on their website this morning, and there's a message saying they have closed down, referring everyone to a vet in Canley Heights :(

Hate when this happens, now i have to find a vet close by and start again!!

Any recommendations for Liverpool area?

Canley Heights is not a days drive away, but in traffic, can be 30mins + from where i am and with kids, and sports, i need somewhere 10mins away

I may be mistaken, but I thought that Austral and Canley Heights were part of the same group of practices.

Edit to add: a quick google says the Gills are associated with both, so all though it is a different practice the vets should be the same but I will leave that to others to confirm.

Edited by Rappie

Rossmore Vet Clinic is good too... a few minutes up Bringelly Road from Austral...

Ted, Robert, Melvin, and Kevin are awesome vets. Steer clear of the new out of Uni grads who are looking to up their "financial contribution" to the clinic though...

T.

As far as I know one of the Austral vets has opened up a new vet surgery just off Newbridge Rd (Moorebank) :).

It's in the same complex as Fernwood, I do have their card here somewhere but stuffed if I know where I have put it, I will update this post when I find it. Fantastic reviews so far.

The Canley Vale practice is still owned by Gills who had Austral as well but may be sold soon to one of the vets there. Not sure what is happening there at the moment but either way some of the vets from there and Austral will stay on. Austral had to close as the building was sold and is going to be redeveloped. The vet at Newbridge Animal Centre is Jenny Myers who worked at Bankstown and as a locum at Austral for a while.

Thanks guys, appreciate all the info.

I knew Canley was also owned, to date anyway, by the Gills, however as mentioned its the distance. Too many very heavy traffic roads between me and it.

Its fine when i have nothing to do, but would prefer something much closer.

I'll take a look into some of those mentioned and will see what other reviews i can find around the web.

Cheers

Bobby