Excess Shedding

Hi

My Goldie josh has been on allergy therapy now for about 2 years. His skin issues has improved, not massively, but an improvement non the least, but lately he seems to be shedding heaps. He had some blood tests done and they came back all normal. So I was wondering if anyone out there could suggest what we could try to minimise this shedding.

We go back to vet next week but was hoping some one out there has had the same problem we are having and what they have done to help before I blow up my vacuum cleaner 7Gimk

Goldie's are notorious shedders, does his fur look healthy or dry?

Thanks for your replies.

Josh is on steroids,10mg per week, but has been for awhile so not sure if this is the problem. His coat is wiry on his back line and his skin is a bit dry and flakey.

Is it a food allergy?

Or more of an environmental contact allergy?

If he isn't allergic to different foods, try adding some tinned sardines or whole raw eggs to his meals.

Mine get rotation of an omega oil capsule, sardines, or egg. Have these each day and have lovely coats, with very minimal shedding.

Though they're not G Rets, I started doing this as i noticed two of my dogs had wiry coats and scratched alot. This has helped both issues.