Raw/prey Model Feeding - Fine Tuning

I'm just wondering if the larger stronger bones worry you because your puppy broke a tooth on one? Most dogs are still losing their baby teeth and getting their adult teeth until they are five or six months old - are you quite sure that it was an adult tooth that broke?

I'm just wondering if the larger stronger bones worry you because your puppy broke a tooth on one? Most dogs are still losing their baby teeth and getting their adult teeth until they are five or six months old - are you quite sure that it was an adult tooth that broke?

It was a puppy tooth thankfully. Yes that is why I am concerned about them and also coz she is a toy breed. I worry too much I know :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I am not even sure Zoe will eat fish tbh but I will give it a try down the track :)

I have managed to get hold of some goat and roo so will try her on that as well.

Any ideas where I can get rabbit and duck? :confused:

Most butchers will have rabbit and duck - Rabbit costs around $27 per bunny, Duck around $20 per bird.

The pet meat supplier I buy from in O'conner had whole (well almost, skinned and gutted) rabbit for $15 the other day. Just a heads up if anyone in Perth is interested.

Probably worth phoning first to see if they still have any left, South St Pet Supplies ph: (08) 93378599. I buy goat meat and roo tails there too.

Just out of interest Darcy&Zoe, where did you buy the goat? I find it hard to get goat bones, and would be keen to find a regular supply of them. :)

Dinner tonight

2 fresh NZ green lipped mussels, bit of kidney, a lamb tongue and a whole sand whiting :D

post-49154-0-75257100-1405940790_thumb.jpg

post-49154-0-49923300-1405940813_thumb.jpg

Now, THAT's dog food :D

:laugh:

I know... my wife just rolled her eyes when I came home from the fish monger! I must say though that I picked up the fresh NZ mussels for $4.95KG and the Whiting for $11kg so it wasn't too bad. I would say that I average around $9 kg for human grade food.