Does Anyone Know...

I'm fairly sure it was a min pin owned by Rae Galea; she started at 6 months and went straight through Novice, open and Ud and had all titles by about 10 months, in the late 1960s or early 1970s. As there wasn't any other dog sport at the time, she then had a UD dog with nothing else to aim for!

The 1 I am thinking of was a BC.

My guess for the minimum age would be to try and stop people pushing pups so hard and aiming to have the youngest ever to get xyz.... Remember CDX has jumps and they used to be 1.5 times the height at shoulder - that is an awful lot to be training a 6 month old puppy to jump.

I don't personally understand the appeal of titling a puppy before six months anyway. What is the point? there is such a short time they are puppies. Why the rush?

I agree . I've been to a few seminars by world champions and without exception they only title their dogs when they are over about 2 years. They also train to the highest level before trailing in novice. They then trial a dog who is super enthusiastic and super confident.

Same. Not to mention burning them out. :(

I agree . I've been to a few seminars by world champions and without exception they only title their dogs when they are over about 2 years. They also train to the highest level before trailing in novice. They then trial a dog who is super enthusiastic and super confident.

I also wonder to what standard a puppy at 6 months or younger is competing at.

I have seen some pretty amazing pups who have a high standard of work early on, but they aren't comp ready.

I do wonder if pups who are entered right on six months or younger (When the rules allowed it) are really working to their full potential at such a young age.