Homemade Conditioning Spray? Samoyed

fluff1234

Hi all, we seem to have misplaced both bottles of our grooming products, both new :/ Does anyone have a homemade mix suitable too spray on a Samoyed fur whilst grooming as he is blowing his coat and wanted to make it a little eeasier for him as he has a super thick coat, thanks :)

just mix conditioner with water :)

half/half or 1 part condition 3 parts water

Also you can beat a nice warm bath, slathering with conditioner and sitting with it on for 5min at least and then a force dryer when blowing coat :thumbsup:

hahahha yep :)

I'm no a spitz owner, but I had people with a chow pup in my puppy class and they swore by listerine diluted in water (1:6). I think the tip came from their breeder...

Listerine? I bet that chow didn't get hot spots LOL!

thanks, I wont chance trying too bathe him and dont have a dryer :thumbsup: will grab some doggie conditioner from the shops, thanks :)

He is pretty good lately but I know its tugging slightly and its so thick, I am combing everynight and it is comming easily but there is so much it does tug in the sensitive areas.

just mix conditioner with water :)

half/half or 1 part condition 3 parts water

Also you can beat a nice warm bath, slathering with conditioner and sitting with it on for 5min at least and then a force dryer when blowing coat :thumbsup:

For a homemade detangling spray you can melt a couple of tablespoons of copha in a litre of boiling water, add a few drops of glycerine, mix all together and allow to cool. Decant into a spray bottle and shake vigourously before using.

The downside is that mix doesn't have preservatives and will go off in about 10 days. :(