Obedience/training Clubs Near Frankston

So after taking Hamish through a bit of an obedience run through it would appear we need a group environment to train in!!!

I'm after recommendations/comments on clubs not too far from Frankston (to be honest I don't want to travel too far), looking for something where I can be there one week and then skip 3 weeks and it doesn't matter. I'm more after a club who is happy for me to train the way I train, I really just need the class environment and structure of the class.

So if anyone has comments or thoughts on the clubs that are not too far I'd love to hear them so I can figure out where we will go when we have time next year!!

Hastings would be ok. What are the pros/cons of Hastings?

Lovely club when I used to go there - I did the obedience ring run through and started agility there too. Used to drive from Brighton!!! Like any ANKC club that relies on volunteers it's all about the people so that is bound to vary. Nice grounds!

Rottweiler Club of Vic (RCV) runs obedience classes down at KCC Park on a Wednesday evening, 7.30pm kick off. They have broken up now for Christmas, resuming 1st Feb 2015

Open to any and all breeds and the classes are just getting better and better. We have a new head instructor down there now and quite a few really switched on volunteers that are trained in their positions.

It's a fun atmosphere, lovely people and quite a few different breeds are there.

If you want more info, visit www.rottweilerclubofvictoria.com

Also (slightly OT) for anyone further north, the RCV is now holding classes again at Calabria Club at Bulla grounds on Tuesday nights at 7pm. Still 2 more training nights this year and then resuming 27th Jan 2015.

These classes are being run by K9IQ for the RCV and once again open to all breeds.

Hastings would be ok. What are the pros/cons of Hastings?

Lovely club when I used to go there - I did the obedience ring run through and started agility there too. Used to drive from Brighton!!! Like any ANKC club that relies on volunteers it's all about the people so that is bound to vary. Nice grounds!

Yes it depends on the volunteers. I stopped going there a while ago now - it's not a bad club but unfortunately I had more bad experiences than good with the volunteer instructors.

I go to Frankston with my guys, but I haven't done any of the obedience there for awhile. From what I remember I just did my own thing anyway when I rocked up while waiting for my girl to get old enough to do flyball.

I really only go for the flyball and occasionally agility but if you have any questions I can try and answer them for you :)

Edited by Sayreovi

I go to Frankston with my guys, but I haven't done any of the obedience there for awhile. From what I remember I just did my own thing anyway when I rocked up while waiting for my girl to get old enough to do flyball.

I really only go for the flyball and occasionally agility but if you have any questions I can try and answer them for you :)

I more just want the pros/cons of what is around. Certainly some don't end up with any good reviews, others get great ones. I'm betwixt and between as I love my old club I just cna't get there anymore (I'm having the same issue with vets!!!)!