Puppy Dry Retching

Birgitbee

I was jst wondering what to do about my puppy Otto a miniature schnauzer. He woke early this morning dry retching and then dry retched again about 3 hours later. He wasn't as responsive to his food as normal and only ate a small amount. Apart from that he seems happy enough has been playing with our other dog. Should I be worried? Do I need to do anything?

I was jst wondering what to do about my puppy Otto a miniature schnauzer. He woke early this morning dry retching and then dry retched again about 3 hours later. He wasn't as responsive to his food as normal and only ate a small amount. Apart from that he seems happy enough has been playing with our other dog. Should I be worried? Do I need to do anything?

If I can not pinpoint a specific reason, I consider the Vet after two such episodes.

Have a think of what he might have been doing say since lunchtime yesterday.

Any adventures he might have had that caused this?

To give you an example, Horrible Herbert chomped on a leather sandal.

Small problems afterwards

:eek:

1419466106[/url]' post='6617323']
1419462331[/url]' post='6617292']

If I can not pinpoint a specific reason, I consider the Vet after two such episodes.

Have a think of what he might have been doing say since lunchtime yesterday.

Any adventures he might have had that caused this?

To give you an example, Horrible Herbert chomped on a leather sandal.

Small problems afterwards

:eek:

Well he seems to be ok still full of beans, no more retching so will wait and keep an eye on him. Thanks for the advice.

My new puppy vomited on two separate nights giving me a terrible fright. Behavior wise she was full of beans and the vet said it was most likely bile from an empty stomach. I could see that could be possible because she was off her food for the first few days. It never happened again thank goodness, hopefully that's all it is for your puppy too.